Our alternative certification program is a subsidized master's degree program, so applicants must have a bachelor's degree conferred prior to the start of training. A May 31 degree conferral date (the date you will receive a complete transcript) is required to be eligible to apply for our summer Fellows program and begin training immediately after their graduation.
Articles in this section
- I received a message stating I was ineligible before I was able to submit my application. Why? What can I do?
- What are eligibility requirements for the NYC Teaching Fellows?
- My undergraduate GPA is below a 3.0. Can I apply?
- My undergraduate GPA is below a 2.5. Can I apply?
- I am certified in another state. Can I apply?
- I have an expired teaching certification. Am I eligible to apply?
- If I have previous teaching experience or prior education coursework, should I apply to the NYC Teaching Fellows program?
- I am a paraprofessional. Am I eligible to apply?
- I applied last year but was not accepted/did not join. May I reapply?
- Is the NYC Teaching Fellows able to offer sponsorship for work visas?