We are not able to evaluate transcripts from foreign universities and we require that all candidates with a bachelor’s degree from a foreign university submit a full course-by-course evaluation of their degree. We suggest contacting World Education Services (http://www.wes.org/) because World Education Services is currently the only provider accepted by all of our university partners. If you currently have a course-by-course evaluation of your transcript from another service (i.e. Globe Evaluations) we will attempt to review this document, however if you pass the selection process, you may be required to secure a WES evaluation to enroll in your partner university.
A full course-by-course evaluation includes the following:
- Listing of all completed coursework
- Grades for each course
- Credits earned for each course
- Degree equivalency in the United States
- Final cumulative GPA
As the process to secure the WES evaluation may take up to 2 months and can cost at least $160, we recommend that you start the process right away. If you currently do not have a course-by-course evaluation of your degree, we recommend that you work on securing a WES evaluation before proceeding further with the application.
Please note that a translation of your degree and credits is not sufficient, we require a course-by-course evaluation as we need to understand U.S. equivalency for ALL courses you have taken in order to assign you a subject area.
To obtain and submit your WES evaluation to NYCTF:
1. You will be required to have your degree evaluated for U.S. equivalency with a course-by course evaluation. We suggest obtaining this transcript evaluation from World Education Services (https://www.wes.org/) prior to starting your application to NYCTF.
2. Visit the WES website: http://www.wes.org/
3. Click “Get Started” under the New Applicants heading: https://www.wes.org/#get-started
4. Review the three steps outlined on the page and click ‘Apply Now’ to create an account and order your evaluation.
5. A Basic, Course-by-Course Evaluation costs $160 dollars. The Fellows program does not cover the cost for transcript evaluations. Candidates are responsible for all fees related to their WES evaluation.
6. We recommend you allow sufficient time to obtain your evaluation from WES. Their process of receiving, reviewing, and approving all documents, and receiving payment can take several weeks.
7. Have the WES evaluation mailed to your home address.
8. Scan the complete WES evaluation into your computer. The document should be saved with one of these extensions: .PDF, .RFT, .TXT, or .jpeg.