Congratulations! You’ve been made an offer by a NYCDOE school. Now what?
In order to ensure you are placed on payroll, please follow the below steps to finalize the hiring process:
- Once it has been completed by yourself and a hiring representative/administrator at your school, upload the Hiring Commitment Form to your Teacher Track Checklist in order to update your records at the NYC Teaching Fellows office.
- If you receive an offer prior to July 1, you will need to wait for the new fiscal year (July 1) for the next steps.
- Receive your nomination offer email. This email should link you to your Applicant Gateway profile. Once you log in, you will be able to see your TEACHING nomination. If you do not receive your nomination email within 48 hours of accepting your job offer, please follow up with your principal and your Human Resources Director.
3. Your nomination should have 8 steps that need to be completed. Complete actions as outlined in the nomination email.*
*Steps not pictured – Step 1: Nomination Recorded, Step 2: Application Submitted, Step 3: Teacher Rating Check
4. Visit the HR connect Walk-In Center, located at 65 Court Street, Room 101, Brooklyn, NY, to verify your identification for I-9 Federal Form. While at HR Connect, complete and submit the OSPRA 104 form to send your fingerprints to the state. Please ensure that you have created a TEACH account prior to completing this step. If you do not have a TEACH account, your fingerprints will not be added to the state’s database.
5. Receive DOE welcome email with additional information on accessing your DOE email address and signing up for health benefits. If you do not receive the DOE email within 48 hours of completing the items in your Applicant Gateway steps, call HR connect at 718-935-4000. They will need to re-send the Welcome Email to you.
6. Congratulations! You have been officially hired! Consult with your principal regarding the reporting instructions for your first day of school.