Teaching in NYS under the Transitional B certificate requires that you meet all certification requirements as outlined by the NYS Education Department. These requirements are:
- Create a TEACH account.
- Receive a recommendation from the graduate university that you currently attend.
- This will be uploaded directly to your TEACH account by staff at your university.
- Ensure that your fingerprints are on file with the NYS Education Department by completing and submitting the OSPRA 104 form.
- Please note that if you completed the OSPRA 104 form prior to creating your TEACH account, the state may not have received the form and you must resubmit.
- Please note that it takes approximately 2-3 weeks for your fingerprints to appear on your TEACH account
- Complete the Dignity for Students Act (DASA), SAVE, and Mandated Reporter trainings.
Once all of these requirements are met, you can expect to receive your Transitional B certificate in your TEACH account within 1-2 weeks.
When you receive your Transitional B in your TEACH account, please take a screenshot of your certification status and upload it to your Teacher Track checklist. In the screenshot, be sure to include your full name as well as the date the certification was issued.