NYC Teaching Fellows is currently accepting applications for per-session opportunities. Please read the description below and complete the survey if you are interested in applying.
- Facilitate interview events for applicants to the NYC Teaching Fellows alternate-route teacher certification program.
- Accurately evaluate applicants exclusively using the criteria of a prescribed selection model.
- Ability to accurately answer any questions and share personal experience of the NYCTF program with incoming candidates
- Review application materials for candidates and maintain complete, accurate and timely documentation on each candidate.
- Facilitate an instructional, practice-based session on Teach Like a Champion teaching techniques, and provide accurate and meaningful feedback to applicants.
- Respond in a timely manner to staff inquiries regarding use of selection model, interview documentation, and other inquiries.
- Facilitate interview events 3-4 times per month from December 2019 to late May or early June 2020, depending on flow of the pipeline.
- 4.5 hours for Onsite Selector training (over two days)
- 4 to 5 hours per interview event with 2-4 interview events per month (Fall 2019-Winter 2020). Please note that interview events are held on weeknights and weekends.
Complete this interest form to indicate your interest in the position at any time in the year! When we are hiring Selectors, we will contact you!