All NYCDOE teachers are required to provide their fingerprints and information in order to undergo a background check and receive security clearance to enter a NYC public school and work with students. You must complete this process the start of pre-service training.
Articles in this section
- How do I check that my fingerprints are on file in my TEACH account?
- What do I do if I have never been fingerprinted before?
- When can I come to 65 Court Street to get fingerprinted?
- Can I defer the cost of fingerprinting?
- What fingerprinting steps do I need to take if I am a paraprofessional or other NYC DOE employee?
- How much does fingerprinting cost?
- What do I do if I have been fingerprinted by the New York State education department before?
- How long does it take to clear the fingerprinting process?
- What do I do if I have been fingerprinted by the New York City Department of Education but not NYSED?
- When will I get my fingerprinting nomination email and who does it come from?