Yes! We deeply value the classroom experience of paraprofessionals, and every year our cohort includes former DOE paraprofessionals. As long as you meet all other eligibility requirements, you are eligible to apply for our program.
Articles in this section
- Can I complete additional coursework to increase my GPA?
- I received a message stating I was ineligible before I was able to submit my application. Why? What can I do?
- What are eligibility requirements for the NYC Teaching Fellows?
- My undergraduate GPA is below a 3.0. Can I apply?
- My undergraduate GPA is below a 2.5. Can I apply?
- I am certified in another state. Can I apply?
- I have an expired teaching certification. Am I eligible to apply?
- If I have previous teaching experience or prior education coursework, should I apply to the NYC Teaching Fellows program?
- I am a paraprofessional. Am I eligible to apply?
- I applied last year but was not accepted/did not join. May I reapply?