Before you apply, be sure you meet basic eligibility requirements for the 2020 NYC Teaching Fellows program:
- Bachelor's degree by May 31, 2020
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0*
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Authorized to work in the United States through July 2022
- Never been certified to teach or completed a program that would lead to certification in the U.S. or Puerto Rico
*GPA minimum is required by our university partners, as per NY state regulations. Applicants with an undergraduate GPA between a 2.5 and 3.0 ARE ELIGIBLE to apply to the NYC Teaching Fellows. If you are in this situation, you will be asked to submit a GPA statement to provide more context about your GPA. The GPA statement should outline any factors that may have impacted your undergraduate GPA and why you feel you will be able to succeed in a rigorous master’s degree program.